Friday, March 29, 2013

Is it cheating to use photoshop?

Photoshop is an amazing program.  Now I know where all the 'incredibly unbelievable' shots come from that I see frequently posted of places I've seen in person that I don't remember looking quite so vibrant.  I have spent the last week playing with it and although it's time consuming, the results can be fantastic. Having said that...I still feel like it's cheating to use it.

What do you think?

Here is a photo I took back in 2010 as it was shot.


This is with a little bit of playing on my part. It was mostly to see how much I could do without it looking fake.  I am sure it's an art to use PS...and this was my first try.


Does it make a difference to you when you look at a photo if it's been photo shopped or not?

How much is too much?



2 comments:

  1. I think you photoshopped it very tastefully. There has always been some manipulation of photography from the beginning. Sometimes a rather ordinary pic can be turned into art with Photoshop. If we didn't have those electric pics, who would want to go there? Think about that. You're helping SF Bay Area tourism.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the reply Candi. I guess you're right. Sharing those memories are why I started this blog in the first place. If it helps someone decide to visit, all the better.

    ReplyDelete