Thursday, April 18, 2013

The White Cliffs of Dover

 Dover, Kent, UK

Taken on 17 September 2012

While in London, my friends and I decided to take a side trip to see Leeds Castle, Dover, and Canterbury. We had a Groupon coupon for the tour through Premium Tours Ltd. and it was a fantastic choice.

The weather was beautiful and our guide was very good. We went straight to Leeds Castle, which I will post about in another blog, but I thought in the meantime I'd throw a few up of our visit to see the White Cliffs of Dover.

The view from the pebbled beach out over the channel is often obscured by fog, but we luckily had a great view the day we were there. The pebbles on the beach were so pretty I had to take a few photos of just them. We put our feet in the water and took a peek around the town before heading off to Canterbury.
 Behind the beach there is Dover Castle. We didn't visit that day, but I did get a photo.


 On the way to Dover, our guide stopped at The National Memorial to the Few at Capel-le-Ferne. Behind the park are these views of the cliffs. I'll post more photos of the park in another blog.


 




No comments:

Post a Comment